1. Twitter : Your Bio on Twitter has 160 Characters. Make This content both keyword rich and impelling.
2. Make the initial words of each tweet keyword rich (Not the same keyword everytime, otherwise you will look like a manic squirrel)
3. Insert backlinks to drive users to your content (strategically, and not everytime) for SEO Advantage
4. Use twitter search to find people from your target market and form a community by following them
5. Retweet other tweets to interact with the twitterati (active users). They will retweet stuff you post which they find useful
6. Make sure that the characters of your tweets don’t fully use the 140 characters to allow for retweeting
7. Market your twitter URL on Blogs and forums.
Join me on www.twitter.com/seo_secrets
If I was writing this blog post three years back, a lot of people would have cracked up at the mention of increasing profits through Facebook. Now having used this strategy successfully for both Arrow and it’s clients, it is worth writing a few lines on it.
Can we sell on Facebook? Yes…As you read this, large number of people are buying and selling on Facebook. It is happening in various ways :
(A) Facebook Specials : This is a popular selling tactic in the online retail space. Provide facebook users with a coupon (say 10% discount) and ask them to redeem it on the website. We have a client in the fashion retail space. Their products are popular for one and when they back it with a facebook special, sales go through the roof! Facebook specials are also being used to get bookings for events.
(B) Facebook Marketplace : http://apps.facebook.com/marketplace/ is a utility that enables people to buy and sell products and services in their local area. It is a low cost way of increasing sales!
(C) Facebook Groups : Creating a Group on Facebook is a great way to get your target market to participate in conversations about your company or its mission. To create a group on facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/grouphome.php and click on the create button. Make sure you put some text and photos while creating your group and invite people you know. As a next step, you can request the people who are your brand advocates to invite people from their network to join the group
(D) SEO : All the work you do in your facebook marketing will have implications for your search engine optimisation. If you drive targeted traffic to the targeted landing pages on your website, your bounce rate will be lower and your trust rank will be higher. More on improving search engine rankings through social media marketing in the next post!
To learn more about facebook marketing, attend our workshop for an indepth overview of this topic. http://www.searchenginerankings.com.au/seo-events/2010/energise-enterprise/